Latitude59 is all about helping startups and we’re eager to recruit partners who share the mission. Cloudvisor has helped startups secure more than $2 million in Amazon Web Services (AWS) credits. This year, Cloudvisor is giving out AWS credits to 3 lucky participants of L59 Pitch Competition.
The credits can be used to grow your business – run your website, host your database, or choose any item your sprouting startup needs from the wide list of cloud-based computing services Amazon provides. The credits are basically a coupon-code-like system for AWS. Free of charge (and for a bootstrapping startup, “free” is a magic word that can make all the difference).
AWS for startups
AWS understands that startups need technology resources for the business to take off and scale. That is why AWS proposes to lend a hand to startups at the beginning when capital is scarce, with an expectation to receive a return as the startup grows – this can mean that the first invoice from AWS arrives months or even years after you start using the service.
With the help of Cloudvisor, qualifying startups are eligible to receive up to $100,000 in credits from Amazon Web Services throughout the startup lifecycle, with no initial cost. This applies to all startups, wherever they are in the world.
How do AWS credits work?
First, it’s important to know that credits are provided in chunks, and the sum you are eligible to receive can only be higher than the previous chunk received. In other words, if you get $25,000 in credits from a venture capital firm, you cannot apply for $1,000 in credits afterward. The only way is up until you reach the maximum amount of $100,000.
As always, it’s best to take the time to do a bit of homework on the options available to you if you are looking at how to receive free credits. AWS Activate is perhaps the most widely known way of getting AWS credits for startups. The main purpose of AWS Activate is to help startups establish a solid infrastructure on AWS. The program has 2 tiers:
- Activate Founders provides self-funded and bootstrapped startups with $1,000 in AWS credits, $350 in Developer support credits, and more. To be awarded credits, you have to be new to AWS Activate Founders with no previous history of receiving credits, have an active AWS account, a company website, and your startup must be less than 10 years of age.
- AWS Activate Portfolio provides startups associated with a venture capital firm, accelerator, incubator, or other startup-enabling organization with up to $100,000 in AWS credits, up to $10,000 in AWS Business support credits, etc. To be awarded credits, the startup can be funded or unfunded (up to and including Pre-Seed, Angel, Seed, Debt Financing, and Series A), must not have exceeded $100,000 in awarded or redeemed AWS credits from AWS Activate, have an active AWS account, company website and LinkedIn page, and the startup must be less than 10 years of age.
There is so much your startup business can benefit from with AWS credits. Whether you want to apply for your first chunk of AWS credits or increase the amount you’ve already received, it’s always good to ask for help from an AWS partner, like Cloudvisor, an official Scout for AWS Activate. An AWS partner can guide you through the journey, explain the program’s ins and outs, and make sure you get the maximum amount of credits. In addition to credits, AWS offers technical support and training programs to qualifying startups.
Cloudvisor at Latitude59
In 2022, Cloudvisor is among the sponsors supporting Latitude59’s Pitch Competition by providing free AWS credits to 3 lucky startups.
The application deadline for L59 Pitch Competition 2022 was April 15. Almost 300 startups sent in their applications. On May 1, 50 semi-finalists were announced in 12 sub-categories. During May 2-6, the 50 chosen teams will be pitching for their spot in the finals – come cheer for the next generation of startups in Facebook, live, at Prefinals: EstBAN x Latitude59 Pitch Competition 2022.
The pitching schedule for L59 Pitch Competition Prefinals:
- Monday, 2. May, 15:00-16:30 – SaaS
- Tuesday, 3. May, 15:00-16:30 – Greentech, Energy, Agritech
- Wednesday, 4 May, 15:00-16:30 – Hardware, Deeptech, Healthtech
- Thursday, 5. May, 15:00-16:30 – Fintech, Legal
- Friday, 6. May, 15:00-16:30 – Edtech, HR, Creative
And don’t miss the L59 Pitch Competition Finals, taking place on May 20 at the main stage of Latitude59. Get your L59 ticket now to witness the finals, in person!